The Picade is a small arcade cabinet for your Raspberry Pi that can be supplied as a kit or by purchasing the components in various stages . This allows you to build up the small cabinet in next to no time (between 1 and 2 hours as stated on their website).
The components are powder coated black so give a quality feel to the product. Included in the complete kit is the following:
- Black powder-coated cabinet panels (swish!)
- Picade PCB (Arduino compatible with stereo 2.8W amplifier) pre-loaded with the Picade software.
- LCD panel mount with protective overlay
- 8″ LCD panel and driver board
- Two speakers wire wires pre-soldered
- 3.5mm stereo panel mounted headphone socket
- Attractive decals for the marquee and controls
- HDMI, audio, and USB cables
- A proper arcade joystick
- Twelve micro-switch arcade buttons
- Custom assembled wiring looms
- All other fixings, fasteners, nuts, and bolts
Options can be made to the kit such as replacing the 8 inch screen with a 12 inch screen and you can easily swap out the joystick and buttons for more expensive ones down the line should you desire.
For more information on the Picade please checkout the Pimoroni website at https://shop.pimoroni.com
Here are some pictures of the Picade in all its glory