Those of you fortunate to have – or have access to a 3D printer then the PiGRRL may be just what you’re looking for.
The PiGRRL is a kit that when built up with your own 3D printed case (Design supplied with the kit) turns your Raspberry Pi into a Game Boy looking potable games machine.
Supplied in the kit is:
- 1x – Raspberry Pi 2 – Model B – ARMv7 with 1G RAM
- 1x – PiTFT Plus Assembled 320×240 2.8″ TFT + Resistive Touchscreen
- 1x – PiGRRL 2 PCB
- 1x – 2×20 pin IDC Box Header
- 1x – Adafruit Mono 2.5W Class D Audio Amplifier – PAM8302
- 1x – Breadboard-friendly SPDT Slide Switch
- 1x – GPIO Ribbon Cable – 40 pins
- 1x – Lithium Ion Polymer Battery – 3.7v 2500mAh
- 1x – Mini Metal Speaker w/ Wires – 8 ohm 0.5W
- 1x – PowerBoost 1000 Charger – Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A – 1000C
- 1x – 4GB Blank SD/MicroSD Memory Card
- 20x – 6mm Tactile Button switches
- 10x – 12mm square Tactile Button switches
As stated, the kit supplies everything you need to build the PiGRRL except the case. This is an update to the original Pocket PiGRRL – which is still available here and is for older Raspberry Pi’s. This new version is for later model Raspberry Pi’s and includes more buttons and functionality.
For more information about the PiGRRL 2.0 please visit the Adafruit website at – https://www.adafruit.com/products/3014
Here’s some images of the PiGRRL
And here’s a video of the PiGRRL in action (the actual PiGRRL part starts at around the 2:00 mark)