RetroPie 4.1 released to the public
After a bit of a wait between releases, version 4.1 of RetroPie has made its debut.
A lot of emulators have been upgraded to the latest versions (including lr-mame2003 and lr-fbalpha). RetroArch has also been updated.
Visually RetroPie has had an update as well with some new themes available for download and install.
A complete list of new features and changes include:
- Updated RetroArch and many libretro cores to the latest versions.
- Some libretro packages have been renamed to match the upstream core names:
- lr-fba to lr-fbalpha2012
- lr-fba-next to lr-fbalpha
- lr-pocketsnes to lr-snes9x2002
- lr-catsfc to lr-snes9x2005
- lr-snes9x-next to lr-snes9x2010
- Updated Vice (C64 emulator) to the latest version.
- Fixed PPSSPP building on the RPI and updated it to the latest version.
- lr-fba-next updated to fbalpha v0.2.97.39 including fixes for Irem hardware on arm (rtype / rtype 2 etc)
- WiFi configuration – added ability to import Wifi ssid/psk from /boot/wifikeyfile.txt for set-up without a keyboard.
- Updated Fuse (Spectrum emulator) to v1.3.0
- Updated Zesarux (Spectrum / CPC emulator) to the latest version.
- Include lr-glupen64 by default on image (moved from optional to main).
- Added darkplaces-quake to optional packages. When installing/update the Quake emulators, launch scripts for any installed mission packs will be created.
- Build ResidualVM with SDL2 + opengles support.
- Added steam controller driver from https://github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller
- Added mk_arcade_joystick_rpi driver from https://github.com/recalbox/mk_arcade_joystick_rpi
- Fixed build issues on uae4arm, and kickstart removal on upgrade of uae4arm/uae4all.
- Screensaver / Screen dimming in Emulation Station no longer stops the built in scraper.
- Compatibility with upstream plymouth changes. Image is based on the latest upstream Raspbian Lite from 2016-09-23 with all updates.
- New themes added to the theme installer – including pixel-meta, pixel-tft, luminous, minilumi from Rookervik and io and spare themes from Mattrixk
- New packages added to experimental section
- Added emulators lr-beetle-pcfx (PCFX emulator)
- Added retropie-manager web interface (based on recalbox-manager).
- Added pcsx2 emulator (Playstation 2 emulator – x86 / x86_64 only).
- Added openpht (x86 / x86_64 only).
- Added fs-uae (Amiga emulator – x86 / x86_64 only).
- Added lr-bsnes (Super Nintendo emulator – x86/x86_64 only)
- Added lr-hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator)
- Added some RetroPie-Setup function documentation to aid those contributing code – https://retropie.org.uk/retropie-setup-api/
- Various other improvements / bugfixes
To read more about ReroPie 4.1 please visit the official webpage at – https://retropie.org.uk/2016/11/retropie-4-1-released/
or you can download the new image from here – https://retropie.org.uk/download/